Friendly Notice

My interest is in recording my observations and opinions during the performance of my counter narcotics employment. The viewpoints are my own. It is specifically intended that this blog shall contain no information that is privileged or confidential. If anyone discovers anything herein that they beleive is privileged or confidential please bring it to my attention. Nothing herein may be republished without permission and attribution.



Updated each Friday (more or less)

Monday, June 21, 2010

Traveling

I am traveling in the USA and getting caught up on my Continuing Legal Education (CLE) so that I can be eligible to be considered for a Justice System Support Program (JSSP) job back in Afghanistan.  I'm afraid I will not be a strong candidate because I have not actually practiced law (they want courtroom experience), but at least I will be eligible.

I will head back to Dubai on Tues and on to Kabul the day after I arrive.  The want to get everyone repatriated as soon as possible, so I will likely leave Kabul the same day I arrive.  Possibly (hopefully) they can just send my stuff to Dubai and have me pick it up there -- straight on to Thailand.

I'll get this blog up to date when I get settled.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Larry: Thank you for your thoughtful and well-informed commentary on the Thailand situation. You are certainly one of the "farangs who knows too much". Keep up the good work. Chris Coles

    ReplyDelete
  2. To photo_journ-

    You have a good point. I did not recognize the problem when I set it up. I guess this comment thread is one way to contact me -- maybe the only way -- I get an email notice when someone comments. I will try to respond directly to anyone who includes an email in their comment message. As you have likely guessed, I am a blogging novice. I did not realize how awkward this comment process is. The purpose of the "profile" (even what things like "AIM" and "openID" mean) is not clear to me

    Things like the Stent article, of course, are already in the public sphere -- I retreived it from the internet.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete