Friendly Notice

My interest is in recording my observations and opinions during the performance of my counter narcotics employment. The viewpoints are my own. It is specifically intended that this blog shall contain no information that is privileged or confidential. If anyone discovers anything herein that they beleive is privileged or confidential please bring it to my attention. Nothing herein may be republished without permission and attribution.



Updated each Friday (more or less)

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Update

I apologize for neglecting my updates.  There should be a way to notify interested persons when a new post is published (so you don't have to come to an empty site), but I have been unable to find one.  I just spent another 45 minutes researching the topic and came up with this:  "use Feedburner to manage the subscriptions. Blogger automatically comes with an RSS feed provider - just get them to click on the envelope on the screen and give their email address. They'll then be sent all new posts done by you."  I have no idea, however, what it means and/or how to use it.  If anyone reading this uses it and can explain it, please comment.

I am still pursuing the possibility of going back to Afghanistan, but I have nothing concrete yet.  If it happens, I'll continue the reporting of that venture.  If not, I may just close the blog.  Alternatively, I think it might be interesting to present some opinions for debate -- there are a number of popular attitudes and opinions that I just cannot relate go.  I can not, for example, understand why so many persons believe that it is a morally superior position to allow friends and fellow citizens to vaporize or die of Ebola rather that to water board a scumbag into disclosing the location of a terror device.  Anyway, let me sort things out, and I'll try to get the posts going again soon.

The situation is Thailand is calm, but the underlying problems are still there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry, you can easily install a feedburner widget and an RSS widget to your side bar on the right and then people can sign up to receive automatic email updates from your site whenever it is updated. If you click through to my site, you will see this on my sidebar. It is an easy widget to add from your blogger homepage and will also enable you to keep track of the amount of users signed up to read updates from your blog.

    Best of luck,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete